Sunday, 6 October 2013

Consideration Of Artist And Tracks

Consideration Of Artist And Tracks

For our previous music video we chose a song sung by the artist JoJo. We specifically chose this song as it didn't have a video already made for it. We all liked the song as well and the song actually has a meaning to it so we thought that we could make a narrative based video for it.

Artists To Consider And Their Tracks: 

JoJo:

Joanna Noƫlle Blagden Levesque, born on December 20th, 1990. Professionally known as Joanna Levesque or simply JoJo, is an American pop/R&B singer-songwriter and actress. Most of JoJo's songs have a meaning. She likes too sing about, relationships, breakups, love and similar themes related to love. One of her songs is called Forgetting To Forget About You. This song is about a breakup and how she can forget about the person that she was with. My group have already made a video for this and we chose this specific song because we knew we'd be able to do a narrative based video for it. Songs with meaning are best when they have a narrative based video to go with them. We considered to do JoJo as we've already done a video for one of her songs before. We thought because we liked her and her songs that we should do her again. We decided not to do JoJo as we have already done a video for one of her songs before and we thought we should do a new artist.

Forgetting To Forget About You:

Na, Na, Noo
Mmmm
Yeah, Yeah

Thinking back when we got together
And in our hearts we were saying forever
So in love, boy we were so in love, mmm
Jealousy wasn't what we wanted, we broke up
You looked into my eyes I should of spoke up
And held you near, now I'm alone
And here it comes again

Cause I remember every word that you said
It all just keeps spinning and running in my head
But it don't matter what I try to do
I keep on forgetting to forget about you
And I don't want to think about you baby so much
All the things we did and the way that we touched
Just when I think about someone new
I keep on forgetting to forget about you
Forget about you, forget about
Watch me turn around keep forgetting to forget about you
Forget about me and you

I'd be crazy to say that we were perfect
And sometimes I was wondered if it was worth it
But now I see, how good you were for me
And everytime I drive by your apartment
I get this overwhelming urge to walk in
And see your face and to be in that place all over again

Cause I remember every word that you said
It all just keeps spinning and running in my head
But it don't matter what I try to do
I keep on forgetting to forget about you
And I don't want to think about you baby so much
All the things we did and the way that we touched
Just when I think about someone new
I keep on forgetting to forget about you
Forget about you, forget about
Watch me turn around keep forgetting to forget about you
Forget about me and you

The way we laughed, the way we kissed
I never thought that I would miss
All the things I used to complain about you
The football games, the hometown friends
I was glad to see it end
But tell me why I feel so lost without you?
Ooo oh, Oooh, Yeah,
Here it comes again

Cause I remember every word that you said
It all just keeps spinning and running in my head
But it don't matter what I try to do
I keep on forgetting to forget about you
And I don't want to think about you baby so much
(I don't want to think about you baby so much)
All the things we did and the way that we touched (we touched)
Just when I think about someone new (new)
I keep on forgetting to forget about you
(I keep on forgetting to forget about you)

Cause I remember every word that you said
It all just keeps spinning and running in my head (head)
But it don't matter what I try to do
I keep on forgetting to forget about you
(I keep on forgetting to forget about you)
Forget about you, forget about
Watch me turn around keep forgetting to forget about you
Forget about me and you

Noo, Oh,
Yeah,

Forget about you

Eliza Doolittle:

Eliza Sophie Caird, born on 17th April,1988. Known by her stage name Eliza Doolittle, is a British pop singer-songwriter. Most of Eliza Doolittle's songs have meaning. One of her songs is called Big When I Was Little. Talking about the song Eliza said, "I was in the studio and I was rambling on about something saying 'that was big when I was little' and Steve goes 'that's a great song title!'". She also talked about the track's conception, she said: "So I wrote down some ideas and references and we wrote the song. It's the first song off of the new record and I can't wait for the whole album to be in your ears." On BBC Radio 1 Chart Show on 4 August 2013 she described the song as "nostalgic" and "looking back at her childhood". We considered to do Eliza Doolittle because we all like her music and the genre that she sings in. We decided not to do her as most of her songs have videos already and we want to choose a song that does not have a video made for it, so we could be the ones too make the video.

Big When I Was Little:

Can't believe I'm leaving
Got my boxes by the door
Sorting through my memories
Cross legged on the floor
My diaries and scrapbooks 
Oh they seem to take me there
I was always Posh Spice
And you wore zigzags in your hair

Would you know me know me know me
If you saw me saw me saw me
Nothing but hopes and live in the moment
Where we were meant to be
Oh those days don't seem so far
When im flicking through my old polaroid photographs
Me and you you always made me laugh 
Dancing to cassette tape singles
That was big when I was little
Big when I was little [x2]
Just like Malcolm in the Middle 
That was big when I was little

Oh this box is haunting me I can't throw it away
School reports and birthday cards seems like yesterday
Clip on diamantes makes me think of Friday nights
Leaving after class with me on the back of your bike

Would you know me know me know me
If you saw me saw me saw me
Nothing but hopes and live in the moment
Where we were meant to be
Oh those days don't seem so far
When I'm flicking through my old polaroid photographs
Me and you you always made me laugh 
Dancing to cassette tape singles
That was big when I was little
Big when I was little [x2]
Just like Malcolm in the Middle 
That was big when I was little
Big when I was little [x2]
Like Nirvana and Lauryn Hill
They were big when I was little

Super nintendo and club nights at bagleys
Smirnoff Ice, open mic nights, and acne
Wonder where you ended up
Cause I just can't thank you enough
Avirex jacks and strawberry ribena
Nike TN's Dreams of wembley arena ah

Oh those days don't seem so far
When I'm flicking through my old polaroid photographs
Me and you you always made me laugh 
Dancing to cassette tape singles
That was big when I was little
Big when I was little [x2]
Just like Malcolm in the Middle 
That was big when I was little
Big when I was little [x2]
Like Nirvana and Lauryn Hill

They were big when I was little

Kelly Clarkson:

Kelly Brianne Clarkson, born April 24th, 1982. Is an American pop singer-songwriter and occasional actress. Most of Kelly Clarkson's songs have meaning. She likes too sing about, relationships, breakups, love, life in general and similar themes related to love. One of her songs is called Because Of You. Kelly originally wrote "Because of You" when she was 16 years old to cope with the emotional distress caused by her parents' divorce. We considered to do Kelly Clarkson as we all like her and most of her songs. She is really passionate as well and this is shown through the lyrics of her song. Some of her songs are quite emotional and get to you but that is what makes them so good. We decided not to do her as she isn't a recent artist really. We want to do a more recent artist. 

Because Of You:

I will not make the same mistakes that you did
I will not let myself
Cause my heart so much misery
I will not break the way you did,
You fell so hard
I've learned the hard way
To never let it get that far

Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid

I lose my way
And it's not too long before you point it out
I cannot cry
Because I know that's weakness in your eyes
I'm forced to fake
A smile, a laugh everyday of my life
My heart can't possibly break
When it wasn't even whole to start with

Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you
I find it hard to trust not only me, but everyone around me
Because of you
I am afraid

I watched you die
I heard you cry every night in your sleep
I was so young
You should have known better than to lean on me
You never thought of anyone else
You just saw your pain
And now I cry in the middle of the night
For the same damn thing

Because of you
I never stray too far from the sidewalk
Because of you
I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt
Because of you
I try my hardest just to forget everything
Because of you
I don't know how to let anyone else in
Because of you
I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty
Because of you
I am afraid

Because of you
Because of you

Our Chosen Artist And Their Tracks:

This year we have chosen to do a video for a song sung by one of our group members. Louise Champion is a really good singer and has written quite a few original songs. We have chosen to do a song by Louise as she is a really good singer and all of her songs have meaning. We would be able to do a similar music video to what we did last year. We could make the video narrative based.

Some Original Songs By Louise:

- Kieron: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuoc7Oy77DE
- Our End: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmmNCZHyIxw
- The Joke Is On You: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uB3tqu2cpjI
- My Song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KRRSOKA_4Y

Louise has written many other original songs too and done quite a few covers of other songs. I think we will be making a video for one of these four songs. We have chosen to make a video for the song Kieron. Kieron is a song about Louise's uncle who died of Cancer. This song is really moving and actually made me cry. We've chosen to do this song as it has a meaning and we could do a narrative based video for it. Kieron is a song that Louise wrote over a period of 14 months, documenting her uncle's battle with Cancer from December 2011 to February 2013.

Kieron:

December nineteen, nearly Christmas day,
The demon inside you, decided to come out and play,
And as you'd expect, we feared the worst,
But the doctors managed, to ease all the hurt,
The chemo would come, and the steroids too,
But for now, we had Christmas,
Our family, and we had you.

And I don't mind
What anyone else has to say
We might be 'fine'
But we won't ever be the same

I don't mind
What anyone else has to say
We might be 'fine'
But we'd be better if you could stay

The next year came, so did the pain and the blues,
Still tinged with this hope, that it would all be over so soon,
But then they said 'it's terminal', and cancer got so personal,
No way this could be worse at all, I can't stand, I only fall,
Scream so loud, and strike a wall...

But I don't mind
What anyone else has to say
We might be 'fine'
But we won't ever be the same

I don't mind
What anyone else has to say
We might be 'fine'
But we'd be better if you could stay

And now you're bed bound, often with friends and family round...
And I think i'm being selfish, because I can't bring myself, to visit you now,
I just want to remember you as the uncle I always knew,
So I'm sorry.

But I swear, I don't mind
What anyone else has to say
We might be 'fine'

But we won't ever, ever, be the same

And I don't mind
What anyone else has to say
We might be 'fine'

But we'd be better if you could have stayed.

Because, February seventeenth, just after Valentine's day,
That demon inside you, decided, to take you away.



No comments:

Post a Comment